Head of KYC Strategy Latest Jobs Openings in Doha, Qatar
Name of the Position: Head of KYC Strategy
No. of Posts: Has not been mentioned by the organization.
Employment Period: Permanent/Full-Time
Location– Doha (Qatar)
Age Requirements– Has not been mentioned by the organization.
Salary Structures-: Has not been mentioned by the organization.
QNB Group is looking for a well-experienced & proficient Head of KYC Strategy in order to perform responsibility for the KYC framework and ensure adequate processes and controls are implemented across the Group at the location of Doha, Qatar.
The selected candidate is expected to manage the KYC platform, track and reflect the changes as issued by the relevant regulatory bodies which are applicable to AML/CFT including QCB instructions, Financial Action Task Force (FATF) and Wolfsburg group.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and conducting KYC reviews as per the Risk-Based Approach in place for new and existing customers on a timely basis to avoid any KYC failures that could lead to fines/ penal actions and the consequent loss of reputation.
- Implementing the framework for identifying the compliance weaknesses and deficiencies in terms of KYC at Group level as a result of the monitoring and testing initiatives, therefore preventing the Group from incurring financial losses and damage to its reputation.
- Ensuring that QNB KYC data requirements are in line with the regulator’s instructions, FATF recommendations and the international best practices.
- Maintaining and update KYC profiling of customers in line with the Global Standards and applicable local regulations.
- Acting as a custodian of all the customers KYC data and the KYC platform.
- Liaising with the following on a continuous basis to resolve their queries/ respond to issues raised by them relating to the Group’s AML/ CTF & KYC efforts:
Qatar Central Bank officials.
Qatar Financial Market Authority Officials
Qatar Financial Center Authorities
Officials from other government bodies in Qatar like ministries and QE.
National Anti Money Laundering Committee (NAMLC) and the Financial Information Unit (FIU) in Qatar.
Regulator of Overseas Branches and Subsidiaries as and when required.
- Initiating the follow-up exercise with different business units for the completeness and update of the KYC data.
- Handling the correspondent banks enquiries and requests related to the KYC and AML questionnaires.
- Acting as KYC data supplier for all AML, Sanctions and Fraud Control units to facilitate their day to day operations and investigations.
- Maintaining the effectiveness of the Global KYC platform across the Group.
- Implementing the KYC related tasks of the annual plan approved by the Group Board Audit & Compliance Committee by performing periodic review of the KYC related activities conducted at the entities included within the plan.
- Ensuring the effectiveness of the Global KYC platform and Risk Methodology.
- Enhancing the periodic Risk-Based Approach mechanism based on the Local and Global KYC associated risk.
- Monitoring the dashboards of the KYC platform for proper follow-up and reporting.
- Performing key Enhancement by conducting gap analysis (Group-wide) and fine-tuning in line with the overseas branches regulatory requirements.
- Implementing Strategy to diligently carry out the account review process and ensure accounts are compliant, especially on issues of money laundering, adverse media, sanctions, via the due diligence review and transaction monitoring processes; and to flag out and alert managers as and when suspicious activities are found.
- Re-engineering for the customers on-boarding workflow to accommodate the KYC platform.
- Participating in Implementing the Risk-Based Approach of Overseas Branches and Subsidiaries based on their Geographic Location in 4 Categories Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
- Liaising regularly with clients, compliance, other support functions including internally within the Global Client On-boarding team, due diligence Managers and local Business officers.
- Maintaining an understanding of all pertinent laws, regulations, policies/ procedures and applicable best practices pertaining to the Group’s operations/ activities locally and internationally in terms of AML/CFT and KYC.
Requirements of Skills/Experience from the Candidate:
- Must have at least 12 years of minimum experience in a major banking institution or regulatory agency out of which 8 years should be in a supervisory role relating to Compliance or Internal Audit.
- Strong knowledge of KYC strategy and implementation.
Bachelor Degree such as CAMS/CIA/CCO.
How to Apply for Head of KYC Strategy Jobs:
Interested candidates can visit the official link in order to apply for the same position directly from there:
Note: Last date for filing an application is on 31 July 2019.
- Experience12 Years
- INDUSTRYInvestment & Trading
- QualificationBachelor Degree
Related Jobs (882)
- Urgent Graphic Designer Required in Andheri Mumbai on July 28, 2019 Full Time
- Freshers Content Writers Required Urgently in Gurgaon on July 14, 2019 Full Time
- Admin cum Secretary Jobs in Elphinstone Mumbai for Females on May 26, 2019 Full Time